* Implements template_preprocess_views_view()
In order to alter a menu item that is provided by a module/system, you can use hook_preprocess_menu__MENUNAME() (Since hook_menu_alter() no longer exists).
In my instance, I need to change the system provided 'Logout' link to read 'Log Out'. In order to do this I added the following to my THEMENAME.theme file:
I needed to redirect the user register form based on a role that the user wanted to apply for. To do this, I added a custom submit handler to the register form.
I stumbled across this solution to add attributes to the read more links of a node.
Need to get out of the Drush mindset and into the Composer mindset when building new Drupal 8 projects. Some useful links that will help explain the process:
I was trying to theme a specific vocabulary and a specific view mode and the suggestions, by default, didn't allow for this. After some searching I came across this article, which mentioned using the hook:
So, I added the function below in my .theme file to make the following template suggestion available: 'taxonomy_term__VOCABULARY__VIEW_MODE'
I was working on a new Drupal 8 site and had a new geolocation view setup to show locations on a Google map. Everything was working well, then I decided I wanted to add a new field to the node and include that field in the view. After adding the field to the view, I decided against using it and deleted the field from the node (before removing it from the view). This, in turn, deleted the entire view, which cost me a days worth of work! I had not exported my configuration prior to adding this field, so I had no way of getting my view back without restoring my database from Time Machine.
Today I needed to add a custom textfield to the 'customer information' pane in Ubercart. After much searching, I wasn't able to find any modules that would allow this to happen, so I wrote my own.
I found this article, which gave me the starting block (as it was written for Drupal 6 I believe).
We had to install a new WordPress site onto an old MySQL server and received the following error on import:
In order to fix, we needed to change the collation of the sql file. To do this easily, we found the following snippet:
I needed to add a 'button' class to a file field link and ran into the following issue:
I was unable to alter the actual anchor within the twig template. So, to workaround the issue, I added the following code to my .theme file.