Our hosting company allocated an additional 100GB to our VMWare Ubuntu server. In order to use this newly allocated space we needed to follow the steps below:
Back in late December the hard drive on my iMac failed... kaput! Disk utility couldn't fix it nor could it erase the drive. It had become a paper weight. Thankfully, I had time machine running for selected files/folders on the iMac (but not the whole system), which allowed me to restore to a new computer in a timely fashion. This week I found myself wanting to reference an article on my blog site and realized it wasn't loading (it was only a local blog at this time). No problem, I went to the time machine backup and pulled the code for the site.