I'm currently building a website that has a three columned layout. The left most column contains the navigation elements, the center column contains the body, and the right side column contains supporting text for the article. So I created three block regions in my theme: left_sidebar, content, and right_sidebar. The problem I ran into was that the text in the right side column was different for every node. Having the user create a separate block for each node seemed very inefficient.
This is a list of some of the more unique, excellent photo galleries I've come across.
Full screen, would be good for a touch screen interface:
Another cool gallery with a polaroid look and sliding galleries:
Today I tried to ssh into a production server of ours and I began receiving this error message:
ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
Some thoughts for setting up a high performance Drupal stack:
Today I needed to change the format of a taxonomy term exposed filter to display the vocabulary hierarchy in groups instead of the normal '-Item', '--Sub-Item' format (see the before and after photos below).
Today I needed to add the html character "»" to a Drupal 7 form value. The first thing I did was alter the form and add the » character to the end of the submit button's value. Upon reloading the form, I noticed that instead of the character being displayed, the plaintext was displayed.
Today I ran into an issue of needing to programmatically remove file attachments from a node. To accomplish this I referred to the upload_nodeapi() function and found the upload_save() function. After examining the code I found that upload_save looks for the 'remove' parameter for the file object. If $file->remove exists, the file will be deleted from the database and file system. So by adding the 'remove' parameter to the files I needed removed before calling node_save() results in the files being removed from the node upon calling node_save(). Done!
Today I needed to import about 2000 user accounts into a new Drupal 7 database. To do this I decided to use the Feeds module which includes a Feeds Import module. Perfect! First, I went to the feeds admin interface and setup the import by mapping all of my fields to the .csv. Next, I opened Excel and generated my spreadsheet. Once that was completed I saved the spreadsheet as a .csv file and tried to import. The form returned with the following message "0 users created". WTF!
Today I had the pleasure of launching a new Drupal 7 website into the Aegir hosting platform. However, I quickly discovered that migrating a Drupal 6 site and a Drupal 7 site, while similar, are really quite different.
We are working on an Ubercart store running Drupal 7 and we needed to add the price per unit to the shopping cart page. I didn't see any options for enabling this in the store administration area so I began looking for some code to make this happen. I came across this post, http://pixeljets.com/blog/adding-price-field-ubercart-cart-page, which was close to what I needed, but I figured there was a theme function I could use instead of a custom module.